Floating therapy is a way for you to achieve a healthier body and mind!
The basic principle of Floating is to induce a deep state of relaxation in your body and mind. As you Float, the combination of warm water, Epsom salt and your weightlessness help your body and mind relax, recover and become healthier.
Learning how to float is a process. It is like training your muscles or learning some new skills. You need to practice. To receive the most benefit from Floating therapy, it is important to Float regularly.
From my experience, Floating therapy is more effective if you learn how to calm your mind quickly. Stress, worry and too many thoughts in your mind increase tension in your muscles. The tension in your muscles affects blood circulation, detoxification, lactate wash out, recovery, regeneration, and the healing of your whole body.
A simple exercise to calm your mind quickly:
- Close your eyes, take three deep breaths, then imagine you are going down the stairs.
- The staircase has 10 steps.
- Take a slow deep breath and with a slow exhale go down one step.
- Inhale another slow, deep breath and with a slow exhale go down another step.
- Paying attention to your breath, continue going down the steps until you reach the final step.
Okay, now is the right time to start practicing. Floating therapy is a way for you to achieve a healthier body and mind! Let’s float!
By Daniela Gjurisic – Lojkova, Wellness Coach, Penticton, BC.